Monday, November 21, 2011

okay, here we go

I'm STILL reminiscing about my time in Jordan.  I think about it probably every single day.

Whether I say something in Arabic, or smell something that is vaguely familiar, or just sit too long, Jordan comes up in my thoughts.  For a while there, I wasn't sure I would make the entire trip.  But I'm so thankful that I did.  I feel like so much was opened up for me and it has totally expanded my horizons in general.  I feel so empowered by my trip.  Before, I was really just existing.  Living, but not really getting the most out of it.  I am an outspoken, headstrong person, but I feel so much more able to go out and do whatever I can.  I am more excited about my future and what there is out there and I'm eager to see what's in store.

My recent trip to New York also helped my outlook on life.  While the length and scope of this trip are much smaller than my trek to Jordan, this also solidified my new lease on things.  Hell, I'm even considering moving to New York.  I can't believe that either.  Who would have thought this slow-paced Southern Belle would want to live in the hustle and bustle of the Big Apple?  Yea, me neither.  After that trip, I got a chance to meet Secretary Clinton and just be in the midst of such influence and power (yes, power, but not in a scary tyranny type of power haha).  I think I've finally figured out where I would like to go with my life.  It's such a relief to at least know what I want to spend my life on.  Now, the whole post-grad job situation?  I'm still working on that part ;)

I don't know, I'm at a place in life where I am content, but still wanting to grow.  I feel like I'm at the most exciting part of my life and I'm feeling good about all of the possibilities.  I'm praying for favorable outcomes and just that I can be the best in what I'll do.  So until bokra--tomorrow--or whenever I next write, salaam,

jMed

No comments:

Post a Comment