Monday, February 4, 2013

new music obsession

Wow, two posts in one day!  I'm on it, aren't I?  HA!

I don't really have much to say here, but I LOVE music.  I think I was in Starbucks chatting with a male-type person (shout out Mommy for calling them that hahahaha!) and you know how they have featured songs that they give for free there?  Well, I decided to grab one that day and it was Lianne La Havas.  She's of Greek and Jamaican descent and Britain-bred.  That particular song was "Is Your Love Big Enough?" which I love, but then recently I heard another song (the most recent single from her album called Is Your Love Big Enough?) called "Lost and Found."  Fell completely in love.

Lianne's voice is RIDIC.  She sings from way deep down and has so much soul.  Y'all, I can't even describe it adequately.  And I love how she plays the acoustic guitar.  I just really appreciate her true artistry and that she's sharing it with the world.  Finally got the aforementioned album about a month ago, and I'm pretty sure I've worn it out already.  I've got several favorites (well, the whole album is so good that I can't pick just one song), but below is a video of her singing one cut that's called "Forget."  I love that song anyway, but it is particularly appropriate for my life right now...That's another entry for another day...Enjoy, y'all!


Salaam, y'all!

jMed

No comments:

Post a Comment