Friday, December 9, 2011

it's Christmastime!

I can't believe that Christmas is only a little over two weeks away!  This year has been flying by, literally!

I'm a little sad that the holiday has come upon us so quickly.  It seems that as I get older, the wonderment and fantasy that comes with the Christmas fades with each passing year.  I mean, I will Christmas holiday and all that it (truly) represents for me, but I miss that feeling of excitement that I used to have.  I remember times when I could barely sleep Christmas Eve night and I swore to high heaven that I heard reindeer hoofs on my roof.  Don't judge me, guys, I was like eight.  Give me a break.  But you get my point.  It was just a magical time.  And while it still is, I just understand more and can see more and the magic isn't there like it used to be.

But I digress from this.  It's making me sad to talk about Christmas like a real life grown up!

On a totally different note, I can't believe that I am about to be in my last semester as a graduate student.  This last year and a half has gone by.  I still feel like I should be getting dressed in my City Year uniform, going to Seventh Street (it's over theeeeeere!!  Yea CE Team!), helping young people learn to be better readers.  Alas, that really was two years ago, just about.  I am so grateful for the opportunity to study at this institution.  I feel like I'll be so much more prepared to tackle life as a public servant.  Now, the million dollar question is still this, what will I do?  I still don't know what exactly I'll do, but I'm sure that I'm on my way to figuring it out...Ehhh, we'll see what happens.

I feel like I'm all over the place today with this entry.  I felt like I hadn't written in a while so I should give it a go, but I'm finding that I don't really have anything of substance to talk about right now.  Who would have thought?!  Jasmine with no words to say?  I can hardly believe it myself!

So I'm going to stop here for now until I really feel led to write something else.  Y'all keep-a-livin.  Until next time, salaam,

jMed

No comments:

Post a Comment